Walter has been representing healthcare providers in professional negligence matters for almost 30 years. He regularly represents hospitals, physicians, and other providers in state and federal courts across Alabama. In addition, he frequently consults with healthcare institutions on risk management issues including time-sensitive investigations. While his practice focus has involved medical liability matters, Walter has also defended pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers and represented insurers in bad faith cases. Indeed, his work defending automobile insurers was the catalyst behind publications addressing uninsured motorist insurance coverage which are cited as references in the Alabama Pattern Jury Instructions.
Some of Walter’s other publications include “Anesthesia Litigation –Clinical Basics and Current Liability Issues” in the May 2017 issue of the DRI’s For The Defense” as well as the September 2012 article “Chorioamnionitis –An Alternative Cause for Cerebral Palsy” in that same publication. Walter is a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel, the Defense Research Institute, and the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association. He previously served on the Board of Directors for the Professional Liability Defense Federation, and he has been recognized in various publications including The Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers.
- Alabama State Bar
- United States Supreme Court
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Courts for Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Alabama
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Professional Liability Defense Federation (Member of Board of Directors 2016-2018)
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance