Cannon is a partner in the firm and has extensive experience representing clients in a broad range of litigation and transaction matters. He also chairs our Appellate Advocacy group. Cannon’s trial and appellate practice areas include medical malpractice, governmental liability, products liability, aviation litigation, business disputes, intellectual property, employment practices, litigation, class actions and mass tort actions.
Cannon obtained an undergraduate degree in Forest Resources and remains actively involved in the management of family-owned timberland. Drawing from this practical experience, Cannon routinely assists clients with a variety of natural resource and real estate based transactions and litigation, including those involving land and timber, oil and gas, regulatory compliance, personal injury and property damage.
Cannon earned his BS in Forest Resources from Auburn University and his JD from The University of Alabama School of Law.
- Alabama State Bar
- Mississippi State Bar
- Alabama Supreme Court
- Mississippi Supreme Court
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Aviation Insurance Association
- Alabama Forestry Association
- Forest Landowner’s Association
- American Bar Association
- Best Lawyers in America
- Vice-Chairman Forest Resource Committee, American Bar Association
- Chairman Elect, Auburn University School of Forestry & Wildlife Science Advisory Counsel
- Commissioner, Alabama Land Recycling & Economic Development Commission