Eris Bryan Paul, or BP, as most folks call him, attempts to handle every case that comes across his desk in an efficient and cost-effective manner. The son of a sheriff and grandson of a judge, at an early age he experienced the legal profession across several different levels. He learned at an early age to connect with people from every walk of life and to respect their valuable time and hard-earned resources. It’s an approach he uses in full force to defend his clients, no matter the practice area.
For the last 15 years, BP has represented a wide variety of individuals, companies and insurers. He has tried civil cases to verdict as a first chair lawyer in State, Federal and Bankruptcy courts in Alabama. He has also succeeded in appellate issues in front of both the Alabama Supreme Court and the Court of Civil Appeals. BP has worked cases in almost every Alabama’s 41 judicial circuits and all three federal districts in the state. He loves the variety his law practice offers, and BP is committed to an immersive approach that consistently drive results and the best possible outcomes for his clients. For his efforts, BP was named a 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Rising Star by Super Lawyers.
Much of his time away from work is spent with his wife, Ginny, and their two young children, Mary Addison and Mack. BP enjoys golf, hunting and enjoying the great outdoors.
He earned his BS from The University of Alabama and his JD from The University of Alabama School of Law.
- Alabama State Bar
- Alabama State Courts and Appellate Courts
- Northern, Middle and Southern U.S. District Courts, including all three Bankruptcy Courts
- United States Tax Court
- 2011 Graduate Future Leaders Forum
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Defense Research Institute
- Past Co-Chair of the Wills for Heroes Task Force, Alabama State Bar Association
- Professional Liability Defense Federation
- The Culverhouse College of Commerce and Business Administration’s Commerce Executive Society