Charles represents hospitals, nursing homes, and other medical providers in cases of medical negligence.
Charles also represents a variety of restaurant and hospitality entities and transportation companies. Charles frequently lectures to insurance and industry groups on topics relating to claims and risk management issues. Since beginning his practice in 2002, Charles has successfully defended retail and hospitality clients, hospitals, physicians and long-term care facilities in a variety of cases and venues.
- Alabama State Bar
- United States District Court of Alabama, Northern, Middle and Southern Districts
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- Defense Research Institute
- National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- Charles obtained a defense on behalf of a nursing home facility in an AMLA matter tried before an arbitrator in Mobile, Alabama in October 1, 2018.
- Charles successfully defended a long-term care facility in a medical malpractice case that was tried before an arbitrator in Jefferson County, Alabama in March 2018.
- Charles successfully defended a restaurant franchisee in a food poisoning case tried in February 2017.
- Charles secured a defense verdict on behalf of a nursing home in a medical malpractice case tried before an arbitrator in Mobile County, Alabama in July 2016.
- Charles successfully defended a nursing home in a medical malpractice case that was tried before a jury in Mobile County, Alabama in December 2013.